Sunday, May 23, 2010

Stay-dating!

I find it hard to spend good, quality time with Bob. He gets home late from work, we are broke, and we have a toddler. Nuf said! But I believe that to stay in love take lots of effort. So to ensure eternity, I've come up with stay-dating; we go on dates at home! Our first stay date was baked ziti, bean bag bocce ball, and for dessert strawberry cheesecake tarts! (Recipes on request)

After 12 gruling round of Bocce ball, Bob won. Beginner's luck! But I'm a gracious losers...

Dinner: free
Dessert: free
Bocce Ball: $15
An evening laughing with my one true love: priceless
What do you and your OTL do for dates? I need some more ideas and recipes! :D










2 comments:

Tracy said...

What a great idea! It is tough getting caught in the middle of real life. We really do need to remember we have these relationships to make work for eternity. Thanks for the reminder;)

The Youngs said...

This is a brilliant idea. Stay home - date. But then, my hubby cooks all the time. Not sure, how everything will go once we have Jr. here. For the time being, we usually go outdoors - hiking / sight seeing kind of stuff. Last big hike we did was climb the antelope island summit. Not big on cooking - so I don't think I can give you any recipes though. :-) By the way, your blog is so cool - I added it to mine.