Thursday, March 31, 2011

The inner rambling of an optomistic fat chick: Part 2

I hate this woman. She's perky, doesn't sweat, makes hard things look easy. This beautifully sculpted woman is Debbie Siebers, creator of Slim in 6. She promises to "reshape your body in 6 short weeks." HA, we'll see about that! I have decided to allow her to patronize me every day (excluding Sundays, you know the whole Day of Rest thing) for the next six weeks. Why did I chose Slim in 6 instead of the ever popular P90X? Simple, Tony Horton is obnoxious. Oh and have you've seen the "easy" P90X workout schedule? Its insane! So I'm going to work my way to insanity slowly. I know you are thinking that I must really be a glutton for punishment. I probably am, but somewhere in the filing cabinet in my brain there is a VERY small folder labeled "fitness & nutrition." In the small folder there is something about alternating cardio and strength training. It must be good for me if I've retained it! While Debbie does raise my heart rate enough to cause slight glistening (women don't sweat, we glisten) she also makes my muscles burn like a prostitute at church! At this moment, my thighs are on fire! Lil' Miss Debbie is a fan of squats. Me, not so much. Every time I bend down to pick something up off the floor that Oaklee has thrown at me, I'm painfully reminded of this cheerful masochist. But hey, if Debbie can get the circumference of my thighs from the size of the Equator to nicely shaped broom handle, she'll be my friend for life!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

You make me laugh!

Jennie said...

Oh yeah! I'm glad you found something you like. I was thinking about you this week and I was going to comment that exact same thing - add weights. I actually love my weights day. So much more fun than cardio. :)

Mechelle said...

You go girl!

My advice: listen to your hunger. If you are ravishing hungry you will struggle the whole time. Starvation trumps all motivation, I don't care who you are. It is better to cut back on the intensity of the workout and keep motivated. Just listen to yourself. You will know what is best for you.
I promise I will not advice anymore. You got this!