Thursday, September 22, 2011

The results are in...

Calm down, I am NOT pregnant.
I have been having a few medical issues involving my thyroid. Worrisome enough for my doctor to order an ultrasound (again NOT pregnant) of my thyroid because she suspected a growth. In our culture when we hear the word "growth" come from a doctor we immediately think of the dreaded "C" word. I was worried that I might have thyroid cancer. Well I got my ultrasound reading back today and no cancer has been detected. I have a small nodule that will need observing. If it grows, we'll play this game again. So here's to hoping it stays put.
Right after I found out this great news, I found I was a perfect candidate for blade-less lasik. Can I emphasize BLADE-LESS?! I've been wearing glasses/contacts for 10 years and I'm tired of it! So starting next week I will have perfect vision (satisfaction guaranteed!) for approximately 18 years, after which I will most like need readers (thanks for the great eye genes Mom and Dad). I think 20/20 vision will look good on me! Until surgery time, its my dorky glasses and instilling eye drops every 4 hours.
So all in all its been a good day!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Ryan would totally love your new header pic. :) I'm glad you received good news about your thyroid. Scary!

Oh, and I want all the details on your eye surgery. I too want to get that done sooner rather than later. You'll have to e-mail me and let me know where you are going to get it done, cost, etc. I'm so ready! (jendopp@hotmail.com)