Saturday, October 8, 2011

Make-up magnet board!



I suffer from TBS, tiny bathroom syndrome. I could easily take up what little storage space we have with all my accessories. Since I believe sharing is caring, I'm proving to my husband that I care for him deeply by not hogging all the space. But where should I put my make-up? For the last 8 years, my make-up has been crammed into a tiny make-up bag that ends up usually behind the sink faucet. AT LAST I have found a storage solution for my make-up! I recently saw THIS post on Pinterest (a whole other world, if you haven't checked out Pinterest, go...now.) and decided to make one for myself!
At last my make-up can roam free and be organized! This will hang on my wall in my bathroom. Easily accessible during my hectic mornings trying to get ready for work! No more dumping out the contents of my bag into the sink!
Want one? Here's what you need:
*12x12 sheet of metal (larger or smaller depending on your make-up collection)
*12x12 frame (larger or smaller depending on the size of metal you choose
*12x12 piece of scrapbook paper
*hot glue gun
*magnets
*Container for miscellaneous items like mascara and eye liner. I got my magnet box from Ikea. The blog I got the idea from used old medication bottles and spray painted them black.
I simply glued a sheet of 12x12 paper to the metal, removed the glass from the frame and inserted the metal. The I glued the magnets to the back of my make-up with my hot glue gun. I even glued magnets to the back of my brush bag. VOILA! I spent around $15 for this project.
I am aesthetically pleased!

1 comment:

Brad and Mo Petersen said...

i soooo LOVE this idea!!! I'm totally doing it! Thanks for sharing!