Saturday, October 15, 2011

Night of the Running Dead!







Bob and I participated in Night of the Running Dead 5k this year. It was so much fun! When you register for the race, you choose whether to run as a human or a zombie. Humans get a 2 minute head-start then the zombies are unleashed and chase after them. Bob and I both registered as zombies. Here is our transformation:

Our regular work out ensembles, I LOVE this shirt for 1 reason: it has a media pocket! No more fussing around with my iPod, just stick it in the pocket and go!









TA DA! With lots of corn syrup, latex, and make-up, we lovingly became undead. We decided to destroy some old shirts to complete our costumes so late last night we were busy ripping and dirtying up! Good times!



After applying our make-up, I carefully selected my play list. I firmly believe a runner is only as good as their play list. My list included artists such as Green Day, Incubus, Panic! At the Disco, and Cartel to name but a few. Bob runs exclusively to 311, which is why he is an awesome runner!



The race, as one would expect, was mostly zombies. It was great to see how other people interpreted the idea of zombie. We saw people that had very little make-up on, to people that cover their whole bodies. My favorite was a lady that wore a hospital gown and bursting out of her stomach was a zombie baby. Very creative and disturbing at the same time!



Those of you that "love" running are crazy. I hate it. Period. It is painful. I find no enjoyment in it, but I do love crossing that finish line and feeling the sense of accomplishment. That's enough to keep me training for the next 5k.



Ahhh, we finished! My goal was to not come in last, and I'm happy to report that I achieved that goal! The course was a little hard to navigate. Consequently, I ended up running only 2 miles while Bob kept going and ran 4 miles! We were a little bugged, but happy with our respective times. We immediately went home and wiped off the zombie and enjoyed a nice dinner. Now to start training for the Turkey Trot!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Good job you guys! I agree with you. I love / hate running. I love it when it is over and hate almost every second of it during the process. It is hard. I've never heard of that race before. It sounds like a lot of fun.